For those of you who dont know I make music on the nintendo gameboy. Yeah the old one. I came into the scene about 2 years ago when I over heard there was a festival for this sort of thing happinging in Manhattan called the BlipFestival. Gameboys? New music? i had to see this to believe it. So I then traveled back and forth for 4 nights to get my mind blown each and every night. Not only were they useing gameboys, but other old school 8 bit systems like the nintendo entertainment system and the atari st personal computer. I had to give it to two people tho. A guy that goes by the name Virt who I had been following thought the videogame remix circut. I told him that his music was very insperational and brought back alot of memories, he told me that it was I who if it werent for there wouldnt be such a thing as chipmusic. In short this inspired me to make my own music. The other person worth mentioning was Mark Denardo of Graffitii Monsters, who told me str8t up after the performance, to get involved and start makeing my own music. It started with me experementing with the ROM for LSDJ a homebrew software for the gameboy that turned it into a sound board complete with 8 bit voice capeabilites. I then saved up enough money to buy the cartrage itself (with the help of a friend ^_~) i got my hands on the program. I still consiter myslef amature but most of the people in the scene (i love you guys) love my music and say that im deticated enough to take it to another level.
well imma get to writeing some patterns
on one last note
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM ^_^
-Till next time
~Tony Ness~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment